Monday, January 18, 2016

Pain

Pain, my brother use to say is a part of living. He suffered much in life, born with Noonan Syndrome, a rare heart condition that caused multiple problems. He wasn't suppose to live to the age of 8. God blessed him to live to the age of 40. But pain racked his body from becoming tired so easily. The cardiologist told my mom that our worst day was his best day. And the psychological pain of growing up different from the other kids compounded a problem. But no matter what form ...the pain took, it was a constant companion. But the pain that we endure reminds us that this world is not our home. Now he has gone on and his cross is left behind. So I gather one more cross left by a love one and saddle it with mine. So his pain becomes my pain in my heart. The hurt he felt in this life, I absorb. And I learn lessons about pain by what he endured. And my pain and his pain become one. And I struggle in the storm to find the will to fight.
The pain sharpens the senses for the fight. Watch my back brother in this life. I need you more than ever.

"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels