Monday, January 18, 2016

Chaging Tire in the Rain

I am exhausted both physically, mentally, and spiritually. I was fortunate enough with another gentleman to help a person having car trouble. I remember when I was married and on the way back from Collierville helping this woman out who's tired blew out in front of us. It was raining and she barely made it to the side of the road. I changed ger tire in the rain. I struggled with that one last lugnut to get the tire off. And as the rain poured harder as the nite was late at two in the morning, I prayed Samson's prayer. God give me strength, one last time to help this woman get home to her worried family, use me. At that moment, as I was grunting on that last stuck lugnut, it pops loose. I changed her tire and she was on her way. As I got in the car, the children asked did we know her. I said, God knew her.
by
Lance Gargus
"The most important of life's battles is the one we fight daily in the silent chambers of the soul."

Blog Archive

Labels